Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mail.plist

Hi, trying to migrate my mails with preferences from my old mac to my newer one. Followed al the steps so far with copying folders. But. I cannot find the mail.plist folder in preferences or elsewhere. Typing it in Go to folder renders no response. Any ideas? I'm working from an external disk on the new Mac, as my old one was starting to malfunction. Did that on a Macbook before I got this one, no problems with Mail so the preferences must be functioning from somewhere??

Thanks for any help!

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 11:08 AM

Not sure why you are trying to sneak in thru a back window, when the key to the front door exist by properly moving your user data and settings to the new Mac.

see > Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

If your already past that point, then the other option is to just add your e-mail account(s) to the new Mac.

see > Add an email account to Mail on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2022 11:08 AM in response to annemarie42

Not sure why you are trying to sneak in thru a back window, when the key to the front door exist by properly moving your user data and settings to the new Mac.

see > Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

If your already past that point, then the other option is to just add your e-mail account(s) to the new Mac.

see > Add an email account to Mail on your Mac - Apple Support

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mail.plist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.