Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving Mac Mail

When I activate the "Move to ..." function is there a way I can quickly direct to a PARTICULAR Folder - I know the Folder Name.

I have a VERY large Folder "tree" and also Sub Folders within folders.

Sometimes I note that I might get prompted to a recently selected Folder but not always.

I appreciate I can type in an alpha character to prompt for a Folder but with the very large Folder/Sub Folder structure this does not work well.

Thanks

KevOZ

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 5:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 5:20 AM

KevMurray1950 wrote:

When I activate the "Move to ..." function is there a way I can quickly direct to a PARTICULAR Folder - I know the Folder Name.

Sometimes I note that I might get prompted to a recently selected Folder but not always.

I appreciate I can type in an alpha character to prompt for a Folder but with the very large Folder/Sub Folder structure this does not work well.
Thanks
KevOZ

you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

you can always Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2022 5:20 AM in response to KevMurray1950

KevMurray1950 wrote:

Thanks
KevOZ

you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

you can always Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Sep 29, 2022 3:49 PM in response to Barney-15E

Thanks Barney.

I actually do often do what you suggest, however I have probably more than 500 Folders/Sub Folders.

One work around technique I do use is to add triple "aaa" to the front of Folders that I am often currently using, and in addition Numbers at the front of Folder Names.

This discussion has prompted me to look at the "Archiving" techniques/procedures available now.

I have never done this in the past - it probably could be very beneficial.

If aware of a good article could you post the link.

Thanks again.

Kev

Sep 29, 2022 3:52 PM in response to leroydouglas

Thanks Leroy. I will do that.

I have copied here a response to xxx who also replied to me.

Thanks Barney.

I actually do often do what you suggest (dragging to folders rather than drop down), however I have probably more than 500 Folders/Sub Folders.

One work around technique I do use is to add triple "aaa" to the front of Folders that I am often currently using, and in addition Numbers at the front of Folder Names.

This discussion has prompted me to look at the "Archiving" techniques/procedures available now.

I have never done this in the past - it probably could be very beneficial.

If aware of a good article could you post the link.

Thanks again.

Kev

Moving Mac Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.