Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auto-expanding mail folders to file emails not working

Macbook Air (13-inch, 2017)

Big Sur 11.4

If my email folders were closed, I used to be able to drag/drop emails into sub-folders.

So grab an email via mouse, hover over an email folder which would then auto-expand to show any sub-folders nested under main folder so I could drop the email into the relevant sub-folder.

Recently this has stopped working - the folders are not expanding to reveal the sub-folders requiring me to manually expand the folder in advance in order to show the sub-folders in order to drop an email I want to file.

I recently updated to Big Sur 11.4 - not sure if that has any bearing?

Suggestions?

Thanks!

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 1:01 PM

Check to make sure a spring-loading delay is checked in the Accessibility system preferences, Pointer Control, Mouse & Trackpad. If it is, toggle it off then on.

Similar questions

2 replies

Auto-expanding mail folders to file emails not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.