Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rearranging Folders in Mac Mail Version 15.0 (3693.60.0.1.1)

I have three email Accounts set up and use Classic view. I also have a local folder with several sub-folders in the Mail sidebar and have added, deleted and manually rearranged them at will for years. This appears to have stopped working.

I created a new folder today and it was inserted randomly into the middle of the folder list with no apparent relevance to alphabet or anything else. I can click and drag it to a different position, and a line will appear showing where the folder will be moved to, but when you release the mouse, the new folder returns to its original position. I can't place the new folder within another folder either, which has always been an option.

Does anyone know of a workaround or remedy for this? Rebuilding or maybe Exporting and reinstalling the folders?

Thanks for any assistance.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 10:06 AM

I had a clone drive with 12.2.1 and indeed the Mail version in it is 15.0.

It may be that updating helps, but don't get your hopes up too much.

Did you try Safe Mode, to see if the problem is still there?

Sometimes, even just a normal restart may help if it was some transient glitch.

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 7, 2022 8:06 AM in response to Tracy McCarthy

You wrote Mail 15.0, but posted your question in the Monterey forum. The version of Mail in Monterey is 16.0.

Just to be clear, are you on Big Sur or Monterey?

That said: I am on Monterey and I have no trouble dragging the mailboxes, or whole accounts, up or down the Mail window sidebar.

Try restarting in Safe Mode. Does the same occur in Safe Mode?

Apr 7, 2022 8:39 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thanks for the reply Luis. I am running Monterey 12.2.1. When I go to Mail-About Mail, it displays Version 15.0 (3693.60.0.1.1). While there wasn't a prompt about a software update, I do see that 12.3.1is available and will install that tonight.

As a follow on to the initial question, when I returned to Mail after posting here, the new local folder I had created, was gone.

I'm hopeful that installing the update will improve the situation!

Thank you

Rearranging Folders in Mac Mail Version 15.0 (3693.60.0.1.1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.