Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing mailbox sub folders on Mac mail

Something happened to my mac mail, upgrade, not sure. Regardless, now I see all my mail account in the sidebar but lower on the sidebar I use to see all the subfolders for each mail account, now i just see the account names (beneath "On My Mac") but no sub folders. I can't find any setting to get them back viewable.

Anyone have this issue?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 12:51 PM

Delete the account then re-add the account.

Being Microsoft, I would imagine Their email server is based on Exchange. If so, you should really get an Exchange compatible email client to access those accounts. Mail is an Internet standards compliant email client. You shouldn’t expect it to handle either Exchange or Gmail which are not email standards compliant account types.

Also, if the sub folders are in the inbox, Mail only barely supports that. It should display them, though. Could be related to the IMAP prefix path. I have no idea what that should be for their email server.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2020 12:51 PM in response to Bighand1

Delete the account then re-add the account.

Being Microsoft, I would imagine Their email server is based on Exchange. If so, you should really get an Exchange compatible email client to access those accounts. Mail is an Internet standards compliant email client. You shouldn’t expect it to handle either Exchange or Gmail which are not email standards compliant account types.

Also, if the sub folders are in the inbox, Mail only barely supports that. It should display them, though. Could be related to the IMAP prefix path. I have no idea what that should be for their email server.

Missing mailbox sub folders on Mac mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.