Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Jumbled Mac Mail Accounts Sidebar

I upgraded my iMac from Mojave to Monterey. Now the sidebar on my Mac Mail Message Viewer is a jumbled mess.

BEFORE: My 6 email accounts were listed together in the "All Inboxes" folder. Also, the 6 accounts were each listed individually in a "Sent", "Drafts" and "Trash" folder.

NOW: All the accounts appear a second time at the bottom of the sidebar, and each has its own Sent, Drafts and Trash folder. Additionally, these duplicates aren't organized the same as each other, and the entries in their Sent, Drafts and Trash folders don't contain the same entries as the folders for Sent, Drafts and Trash at the top of the sidebar.

How can I eliminate the duplicates and aggregate the Sent, Draft and Trash folders to get things organized like it was before?

See the screenshots below to see the mess!

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

iMac 27″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 4:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 4:36 PM

There doesn't appear to be anything wrong. It doesn't look jumbled to me.

You seem to already have the unified Drafts, Sent and Inbox; you can add the others to the Favorites using the + button in the Favorites header.

The Account sections show all mailboxes for the account. They are not duplicates.

The Mail help guide has information on using the Favorites.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2022 4:36 PM in response to josephwhite

There doesn't appear to be anything wrong. It doesn't look jumbled to me.

You seem to already have the unified Drafts, Sent and Inbox; you can add the others to the Favorites using the + button in the Favorites header.

The Account sections show all mailboxes for the account. They are not duplicates.

The Mail help guide has information on using the Favorites.

Jan 24, 2022 2:09 AM in response to Barney-15E

This is not helpful. Clearly there does appear to be something wrong. I have the same issue and it's INCREDIBLY irritating.

For instance - I have 5 mail accounts that I keep expanded in the side bar to access around 70 folders over the 5 accounts that I am constantly organising new mail into. With the new layout of including Drafts, Important, Inbox, Sent, Bin, Archive folders a second time at the top of each expanded account as well as at the top of the side bar where they used to only be.

This means that if you want to access or drop a mail into a folder at the very bottom I across past 5 'secondary' Drafts, Important, Inbox, Sent, Bin, Archive folders making the whole process longer than it needs to be...

Jan 24, 2022 5:00 AM in response to ulanowski

Contemptuous and patronising comments not needed.

Oh, no. It looked very much like it was needed, to me.

Just add all of your vastly overcomplicated filing system to Favorites and you won't have to scroll past those five horrible folders.

Or, drag those space-hogging folders to bottom of the account list. Then, at least for the first account, you won't have to waste all of that time scrolling past them.

Jumbled Mac Mail Accounts Sidebar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.