Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS Big Sur added additional: sent, junk and trash mail boxes?

OK, so I upgraded to Mac OS Big Sur. I have 4 email accounts and have a master "on my mac" mailbox for set messages, trash, draft, etc and under each master-mailbox is the sub mailboxes for each email account.

Upon upgrading to Big Sur, I still have the structure mentioned above, but, there has also been added an additional: sent junk and trash mailbox for each email account directly under "on my mac".

Questions:

1) Why have these additional ones been added?

2) Trying to delete them says it will delete the whole email account?

3) They cannot be moved into subfolders

4) They are duplicates of the mailboxes above and they are holding the same contents?

Any ideas out there?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 4:52 PM

I think those are the account specific mailboxes for your "master" mailbox. It could be an artifact of the upgrade. I just configured my trash on three accounts like what I think you have, and it didn't duplicate the Trash mailbox.

You could try resetting the Trash Mailbox for each account and see if they go away.

Each account shows all of its mailboxes. The things at the top of the list are just what you want to see as your Favorites. It doesn't remove the mailbox from the account when you move it up to Favorites.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2020 4:52 PM in response to Thaisailor

I think those are the account specific mailboxes for your "master" mailbox. It could be an artifact of the upgrade. I just configured my trash on three accounts like what I think you have, and it didn't duplicate the Trash mailbox.

You could try resetting the Trash Mailbox for each account and see if they go away.

Each account shows all of its mailboxes. The things at the top of the list are just what you want to see as your Favorites. It doesn't remove the mailbox from the account when you move it up to Favorites.

Mac OS Big Sur added additional: sent, junk and trash mail boxes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.