Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost "All Sent" folder in Mail on MacBook Air

My Mail "All Sent" folder has disappeared from the sidebar and there appears to be no way to add it back.

This issue has been reported by others, but generally the problem appears not to have been fully understood. The All Sent folder, like the All Inboxes, All Drafts etc folders, is a high level directory to the corresponding folders for all of the email accounts active on the pc. You can either view the mails as a single list or expand the directory to see them by individual email account.

The MacBook Air is running Monterey 12.1 and this feature works differently to the implementation on Catalina. Previously the equivalent of the "All" folders appeared under the Mailboxes heading in the sidebar, instead of under the Favourites heading where it now sits. As far as I can recall, these high level directories were always set up automatically when first setting up the system, but having now disappeared, I can find no way to add it back.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 5:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 6:27 AM

Yes I do, but unfortunately "All Sent" does not appear as a folder name in the list of folders that can be added. There is an entry for "Sent", but that just adds a single entry for one email account and ignores the other. However, even though I had tried it before your suggestion did give me pause for thought.

As a result, I just added the Sent folder to Favourites as you suggested and then sent an email from the second email account. Hey presto, the Sent folder immediately became All Sent!

So, problem solved. Thanks for providing the impetus to discover a solution. This problem had been bugging me for way too long.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2022 6:27 AM in response to mulberry58

Yes I do, but unfortunately "All Sent" does not appear as a folder name in the list of folders that can be added. There is an entry for "Sent", but that just adds a single entry for one email account and ignores the other. However, even though I had tried it before your suggestion did give me pause for thought.

As a result, I just added the Sent folder to Favourites as you suggested and then sent an email from the second email account. Hey presto, the Sent folder immediately became All Sent!

So, problem solved. Thanks for providing the impetus to discover a solution. This problem had been bugging me for way too long.

Lost "All Sent" folder in Mail on MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.