Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Trash in Mac Mail after Monterey Upgrade

I upgraded a Macbook Pro 15" mid-2015 from Mohave to Monterey. So far, I've been able to overcome the most glaring weird quarks, EXCEPT for this one.

Trash and Junk folders are gone from Mail.

They still appear on my iOS devices but emails that I deleted on my MacBook since the upgrade are not in those folders. The emails are just gone.

I thought I'd experiment with Rebuild Mailbox but it does nothing that I can see.

In Mailbox dropdown menu I see the options to Erase Deleted items and Erase Junk, however there are no folders to erase.

Please help. Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 1:12 PM

Nevermind, I just fixed my own problem as soon as I asked!

For anyone else with this problem...

1. Mouse over "Favorites" just above the All Inboxes dropdown and a + symbol will appear, as well as another dropdown arrow that minimizes your Favorites.
  2. Select the + symbol and voila! A box appears to select the missing mailboxes!
  3. Select the dropdown menu and choose Trash. Then go back and do it again to choose Junk.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2022 1:12 PM in response to Dogs2cents

Nevermind, I just fixed my own problem as soon as I asked!

For anyone else with this problem...

1. Mouse over "Favorites" just above the All Inboxes dropdown and a + symbol will appear, as well as another dropdown arrow that minimizes your Favorites.
  2. Select the + symbol and voila! A box appears to select the missing mailboxes!
  3. Select the dropdown menu and choose Trash. Then go back and do it again to choose Junk.

Missing Trash in Mac Mail after Monterey Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.