Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I edit a member in Apple Family?

I have switched iPads with one of my children, so now I need to edit that iPad in my Apple Family account. How do I do that?

iPad Air Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 12:28 PM

Sign out of their ID on the iPad, and sign into your Apple ID.

If you want to reset the device and have a clean start, before changing the ID, do the steps in the article below.

Selling/Giving Away Device.      

Or if you want to keep the data, when changing to the new ID, make sure you turn off Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on. There may be some data loss, but you can minimize it. If syncing photos with iCloud, ensure Optimization is turned off in Settings/Your Name/iCloud/Photos and/or in Photos/Preferences/iCloud. Then make sure full resolution photos are on the device/computer. When signing out of iCloud, if asked whether you want to retain data, choose yes. Messages conversations will be lost if they are addressed to the ID. See the article below for other places that the old ID should be removed. See Winston Churchill's response in the below discussion.

How to switch Apple IDs on your iPhone or iPad.      

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.    

How to transfer all files from one iCloud account to another.    

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2022 12:28 PM in response to ARAMineralPoint

Sign out of their ID on the iPad, and sign into your Apple ID.

If you want to reset the device and have a clean start, before changing the ID, do the steps in the article below.

Selling/Giving Away Device.      

Or if you want to keep the data, when changing to the new ID, make sure you turn off Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on. There may be some data loss, but you can minimize it. If syncing photos with iCloud, ensure Optimization is turned off in Settings/Your Name/iCloud/Photos and/or in Photos/Preferences/iCloud. Then make sure full resolution photos are on the device/computer. When signing out of iCloud, if asked whether you want to retain data, choose yes. Messages conversations will be lost if they are addressed to the ID. See the article below for other places that the old ID should be removed. See Winston Churchill's response in the below discussion.

How to switch Apple IDs on your iPhone or iPad.      

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.    

How to transfer all files from one iCloud account to another.    

How do I edit a member in Apple Family?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.