Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing iCloud safari history to new mac

Hello,

I recently purchased a new Mac and for the first time in over ten years I’m doing a clean install. My safari history is set to sync with iCloud though on my new computer I only have one week of history. Is it possible to sync/recover my complete history? New websites visited on my phone/old computer are currently syncing appropriately with my new device. Both computers are running the latest OS.

MacBook Air, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 4:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 5:48 PM

Try going to System Preferences/Apple ID and stop Safari syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete. The photos sync is extremely slow. It could take several days or more for the photos to sync.

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud, restarting, and then signing back in?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2022 5:48 PM in response to applefangirl

Try going to System Preferences/Apple ID and stop Safari syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete. The photos sync is extremely slow. It could take several days or more for the photos to sync.

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud, restarting, and then signing back in?

Syncing iCloud safari history to new mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.