Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new MacBook Air M1 not eligible for AppleCare+ or AppleCare

When I attempt to buy AppleCare for my new MacBook purchased within the last couple of months my Mac is not eligible. This doesn't make sense to me. Ca anyone tell me why this is?

Thank you

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 6:33 PM

6 replies

Aug 28, 2022 7:00 PM in response to natoofcloud

natoofcloud Said:

"Brand new MacBook Air M1 not eligible for AppleCare+ or AppleCare: When I attempt to buy AppleCare for my new MacBook purchased within the last couple of months my Mac is not eligible. This doesn't make sense to me. Ca anyone tell me why this is?

Thank you"

-------

Location Restrictions:

AppleCare+ or AppleCare are not available to everyone out there. That starts with your location. See if you location is listed here: AppleCare Protection Plan Countries/Regions - Apple Support

Aug 29, 2022 3:21 PM in response to natoofcloud

natoofcloud Said:

"Brand new MacBook Air M1 not eligible for AppleCare+ or AppleCare: This was purchased new online in USA. I live in USA. I currently have an active AppleCare monthly subscription for my iPad. My son who is an Apple employee purchased this Mac for me online and under my name."

-------

60-Day Purchase is Over:

Looking at the date you provided (May 31 2022), you only have 60 days to purchase this coverage after reaching it. So, that is why this you are getting this message: It's been more than 60 days.

Brand new MacBook Air M1 not eligible for AppleCare+ or AppleCare

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.