📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces AirPods 4 and the world’s first all-in-one hearing health experience with AirPods Pro 2. Learn more >

Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods pro setup incomplete, some features aren't available in find my

I brought an airpods pro from my brother and then I connect it in my iphone before he remove them from his Find my. So in my find my a popup says "the owner of this item will be able to see its location, Your are connecting to an item that's paired to someone else's Apply ID". Then he remove them from his fin my then in my find my it says "airpods setup incomplete some features aren't available". and then it wont allow me to remove the airpods from my findmy too. i tried using icloud.com/findmy also using my phone. icloud.com/findmy the device in showing but there is no remove item button

i try resetting airpods pro but nothing works

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 10:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 10:03 PM

4 replies

Oct 5, 2022 10:33 AM in response to Grant Avery

Tried but nothing changed

I tried resetting my AirPods Pro but when I connect after resetting it refreshed as my older name

also I try to remove the device from find my but it doesn’t removing the AirPods

it’s asks confirmation to remove and asking for my password when I enter my password

it just says removed but AirPods still there

nothing changed

AirPods pro setup incomplete, some features aren't available in find my

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.