Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applepay and wallet

What’s the difference between applepay and wallet?

I’ve got 4 bank cards on my phone where if I double click the power button I can pay at the shops.

If I go to settings on my phone and select payment and shipping my methods are applepay (4 cards) and two of my cards. I don’t understand why?

Also how do you control which bank account things are paid from? My icloud payment goes out and of one account, Apple Music out of another. One is my business account the other my bills account… neither of which I would have selected if given the option. I want to change both payments to a different account.

There’s far too many screens and options.

Posted on Aug 29, 2022 12:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2022 12:25 PM

1. Wallet is just the digital location where your current cards are stored.
  2. Payment & shipping is your Apple ID payment methods not necessarily what you have in your Wallet app. The two are separate and not connected.
  3. Whatever card is your default card in Wallet app will appear at the bottom of the list and should be fully visible when opening the Wallet app.
  4. For Payment & shipping, when you select edit>the card on TOP is the default card and will be used first.
  5. Unless you have funds on your Apple ID, both your iCloud and your Music should be coming out of the same card.
  6. If I did not address anything or if you have more questions please report back
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2022 12:25 PM in response to Fjrutyrbu

1. Wallet is just the digital location where your current cards are stored.
  2. Payment & shipping is your Apple ID payment methods not necessarily what you have in your Wallet app. The two are separate and not connected.
  3. Whatever card is your default card in Wallet app will appear at the bottom of the list and should be fully visible when opening the Wallet app.
  4. For Payment & shipping, when you select edit>the card on TOP is the default card and will be used first.
  5. Unless you have funds on your Apple ID, both your iCloud and your Music should be coming out of the same card.
  6. If I did not address anything or if you have more questions please report back

Applepay and wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.