Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP, new project with all previous clips in library

Hello there,

New to Final Cut Pro and have attempted to start a new project but found all my clips from a previous project appearing in the library pane.

Am I doing something wrong? It's not the end of the world, but I expected a clean slate with a new project and was surprised to find the library occupied ...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 29, 2022 1:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2022 1:38 AM

Since you are beginning, there can be a number of things that are confusing, starting with how media is organized. To quickly understand the notions of libraries, events and projects, and avoid potential headaches, I recommend that you start with the free izzyvideo course. It explains everything clearly and can get you up to speed quickly.

There is also the Final Cut Pro under 60 minutes video from Steve Martin of rippletraining.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2022 1:38 AM in response to Jimithyh

Since you are beginning, there can be a number of things that are confusing, starting with how media is organized. To quickly understand the notions of libraries, events and projects, and avoid potential headaches, I recommend that you start with the free izzyvideo course. It explains everything clearly and can get you up to speed quickly.

There is also the Final Cut Pro under 60 minutes video from Steve Martin of rippletraining.

FCP, new project with all previous clips in library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.