Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to cancel icloud storage subscription I've tried everything online.

Is there any way to SEE what my iCloud password is ? I logged into iCloud using my apple password and it allowed me to, so is this my iCloud password now too ? I don't remember if my iCloud pw is same as apple pw but it should be from what I read and then it allowing me to log into iCloud. Also, could this be why I am unable to downgrade my storage plan, because I may still have 2 different passwords ? I'm trying to cancel iCloud storage subscription and it's not allowing me to downgrade to FREE. I recently purchased a new phone with more storage and do not need the storage plan anymore. Any advise is MOST helpful, since I've tried everything online and even with the link my phone carrier sent me. This is very frustrating, since I'm still paying for the iCloud storage when not needed. Your help is greatly appreciated.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Aug 29, 2022 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2022 8:20 AM

iCloud uses your Apple ID. There is only one password per Apple ID. The only way to have a different password for an iCloud would be to have tow Apple IDs (and therefore tow iClouds).

Cancel upgraded iCloud storage by downgrading to the free 5GB plan. See instructions in: Downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan - Apple Support

Also see the following from that support article:

If you can't tap Done, make sure that you're signed in with the same Apple ID that you use for your iCloud+ plan. You can also try following these steps on a different device. If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

If you downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan, the change takes effect after your current subscription billing period ends.1

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2022 8:20 AM in response to Bigbucks_

iCloud uses your Apple ID. There is only one password per Apple ID. The only way to have a different password for an iCloud would be to have tow Apple IDs (and therefore tow iClouds).

Cancel upgraded iCloud storage by downgrading to the free 5GB plan. See instructions in: Downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan - Apple Support

Also see the following from that support article:

If you can't tap Done, make sure that you're signed in with the same Apple ID that you use for your iCloud+ plan. You can also try following these steps on a different device. If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

If you downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan, the change takes effect after your current subscription billing period ends.1

Aug 29, 2022 9:05 AM in response to FoxFifth

Ahhh that makes since, about it not taking effect right away, but it "should" show my new selection, I would think? I bet that's why it won't "show " any changes or allow me to down grade, because I'm in the middle of a billing cycle. Though, I have to say there was a point where I had the option to change the storage plan to FREE and then was able select done, but because it didn't show my selection right away I thought it didn't go through, so I've been trying to change it still, which I may have done but can't tell right now. I also had noticed by plan changed from 9-23 to NOW it shows 9-22 (NO idea where I saw that) so I must have changed it correctly but because of the billing cycle it will still show what I'm "currently" paying for. Come the end of September, if it changes or doesn't change, I will be back on the Apple support page to share my findings for others with the same issue.

Thank you again for your help. I really think this is why I'm not "seeing" the change I made.

How to cancel icloud storage subscription I've tried everything online.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.