Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my screen won't turn on and im trying to transfer my data onto my new phone

how do i transfer my data onto my new phone when my old phone's screen won't turn on?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 29, 2022 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2022 8:00 PM

You use your backups.

If you do not have backups, and if your old iPhone has failed, you’ll need the iPhone repaired.

Confirm the iPhone is charging, the charger and cable work, and that the iPhone isn’t stuck.

If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

If you have no backups and can’t get the iPhone working, your options are limited to a repair, or, well, starting over with a newly-installed iPhone. Purchased apps and media and subscriptions and data associated with iCloud will all remain available with the Apple ID, but anything on a lost / stolen / failed / dunked iPhone will be unavailable.

Backups are one of the very few ways to indicate that data has value.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2022 8:00 PM in response to dianadieuju

You use your backups.

If you do not have backups, and if your old iPhone has failed, you’ll need the iPhone repaired.

Confirm the iPhone is charging, the charger and cable work, and that the iPhone isn’t stuck.

If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

If you have no backups and can’t get the iPhone working, your options are limited to a repair, or, well, starting over with a newly-installed iPhone. Purchased apps and media and subscriptions and data associated with iCloud will all remain available with the Apple ID, but anything on a lost / stolen / failed / dunked iPhone will be unavailable.

Backups are one of the very few ways to indicate that data has value.

my screen won't turn on and im trying to transfer my data onto my new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.