Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 8th Gen White Dead/Stuck Pixel

I noticed a white dead or stuck pixel on the screen of my iPad 8th generation. Tried to fix it with JScreenFix and screen fix videos on YouTube, but nothing worked. This iPad is a replacement unit since I also had a screen issue with the original unit. The thing is, my iPad is out of warranty for like 2 months already. I've thought about going to the nearest Apple Service Center. However, I’m still a student and I’m afraid I can’t pay the service fee. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Or should I just go to the nearest Apple Service Center?

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 6:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 7:41 AM

Hello caterpillhur,

I'd suggest taking it to an Apple Store and letting a member of their technical team run diagnostics. Diagnostics and speaking to a technician are free.

You'll only be charged *if* you choose to move forward with a replacement (since you mentioned it was outside of any warranty). The technician would be able to provide a cost at that time.

<edit to add the following methods to reach Apple Support >

Contact Apple Support:

| Call Apple Support 1-800-APL-CARE

| For International Numbers or ASL support, click here:

| Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

|

| Chat with Apple Support

| Apple Support

|

| Get Started Online

| Apple Support

ʘ‿ʘ

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2022 7:41 AM in response to caterpilluhr

Hello caterpillhur,

I'd suggest taking it to an Apple Store and letting a member of their technical team run diagnostics. Diagnostics and speaking to a technician are free.

You'll only be charged *if* you choose to move forward with a replacement (since you mentioned it was outside of any warranty). The technician would be able to provide a cost at that time.

<edit to add the following methods to reach Apple Support >

Contact Apple Support:

| Call Apple Support 1-800-APL-CARE

| For International Numbers or ASL support, click here:

| Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

|

| Chat with Apple Support

| Apple Support

|

| Get Started Online

| Apple Support

ʘ‿ʘ

iPad 8th Gen White Dead/Stuck Pixel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.