Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dropped iPhone and camera issues

Hello all!

I took a tumble on a bicycle yesterday and, since then, my iPhone's rear camera doesn't work properly. I would assume it was a hardware issue, but the camera works fine when I try to take pictures in Twitter. Using the "Camera" app and Instagram, I only get a blank, dark screen. The flash/flashlight isn't working properly either.

Can it still be a hardware issue if the camera seems to work well on Twitter?

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 6:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 6:31 AM

When you say it's fine is there any physical damage to the lens when you take a picture in Twitter is the picture clear as day and shows no blemishes?

Is VoiceOver enabled? if so then turn it off and close the Camera App and open again to see if the problem has been resolved

Try restarting the device if necessary

Finally if all else fails then you then you may wanna try resetting all settings

read more about resetting by looking up Return iPhone settings to their defaults (read carefully)

The above is to determine if its software related issue.

If the above does not produce a positive result, you may wish to consult with a trained Apple Team Member to see whether they can assist you and whether they might produce a positive result for you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2022 6:31 AM in response to DiogoMor

When you say it's fine is there any physical damage to the lens when you take a picture in Twitter is the picture clear as day and shows no blemishes?

Is VoiceOver enabled? if so then turn it off and close the Camera App and open again to see if the problem has been resolved

Try restarting the device if necessary

Finally if all else fails then you then you may wanna try resetting all settings

read more about resetting by looking up Return iPhone settings to their defaults (read carefully)

The above is to determine if its software related issue.

If the above does not produce a positive result, you may wish to consult with a trained Apple Team Member to see whether they can assist you and whether they might produce a positive result for you.

Dropped iPhone and camera issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.