Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost items

My Apple Watch and iPad were stolen a couple of days ago.

if I go to iCloud.com/find it shows the items offline, but if I use the find my app on my iPhone it gives locations.

the more confusing part is that, my watch location updated last night to my current location but as far as I can tell it is not actually there, how accurate is this?

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 8

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 6:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 6:25 AM

Start here:

Locate a device in Find My on iPad - Apple Support

The Find My App will show the last known location - or, if the device is both turned-on and has an active network connection, the current location.

Here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

If the Find My iPad feature was enabled prior to it being “misplaced”, then if active, you would stand a good chance of locating it. 

However, if the feature was not activated prior to being misplaced - or the iPad has been inactive for more than 24 hours, the last known location will not be available - and the opportunity to use technical means to recover the iPad have been lost.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2022 6:25 AM in response to Bnjmnchrls

Start here:

Locate a device in Find My on iPad - Apple Support

The Find My App will show the last known location - or, if the device is both turned-on and has an active network connection, the current location.

Here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

If the Find My iPad feature was enabled prior to it being “misplaced”, then if active, you would stand a good chance of locating it. 

However, if the feature was not activated prior to being misplaced - or the iPad has been inactive for more than 24 hours, the last known location will not be available - and the opportunity to use technical means to recover the iPad have been lost.

Aug 30, 2022 6:34 AM in response to LotusPilot

Thank you,

the only thing that is confusing me is about my watch, the iPad has shown the same location for days. The Apple Watch updated last night to a new location, this is after I had marked it as lost. I did not receive a found notification, only when I opened the find my app did I see this and yes notifications are turned on. The last location it showed was when it was still in my possession even then the battery was dead. The last time I could have been in the location being shown as of last night was 2-3 days ago, is there a possible delay in the information being updated?

Lost items

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.