Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac doesn't recognize SD cards

My MacBook Pro does not recognize SD cards.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 11:43 AM

If a restart to your Mac doesn't change anything, there could be debris in the SD card slot. If you have an air compressor, you could blow to the slot at an angle.

It also could be that the Mac detects the SD card but there are no or damaged partitions so it fails to mount. For this, you could also try reformatting the SD card but this wipes the data in it: Erase and reformat a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac - Apple Support.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2022 11:43 AM in response to RAMM9438

If a restart to your Mac doesn't change anything, there could be debris in the SD card slot. If you have an air compressor, you could blow to the slot at an angle.

It also could be that the Mac detects the SD card but there are no or damaged partitions so it fails to mount. For this, you could also try reformatting the SD card but this wipes the data in it: Erase and reformat a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac - Apple Support.

My Mac doesn't recognize SD cards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.