Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incognito mode stops my web search?

Why does incognito stop my internet search when on unlimited data? I am confused on pros and cons?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 11:00 AM

Hey lecoo2,

We'd be happy to help out. However we'd like to gain a better understanding of your issue in order to assist.

You're saying that when you use Private Browsing in Safari, that you cannot search the internet when on unlimited data. By unlimited data, are you referring to your cellular data plan or Wi-Fi? If using a standard Safari tab though, do things work as expected both on cellular and Wi-Fi?

Also, we'd suggest ensuring that cellular data is enabled for use in Safari by going to Settings > Cellular > Ensure that Safari is enabled for use.

For more info, check out: Use cellular data on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2022 11:00 AM in response to lecoo2

Hey lecoo2,

We'd be happy to help out. However we'd like to gain a better understanding of your issue in order to assist.

You're saying that when you use Private Browsing in Safari, that you cannot search the internet when on unlimited data. By unlimited data, are you referring to your cellular data plan or Wi-Fi? If using a standard Safari tab though, do things work as expected both on cellular and Wi-Fi?

Also, we'd suggest ensuring that cellular data is enabled for use in Safari by going to Settings > Cellular > Ensure that Safari is enabled for use.

For more info, check out: Use cellular data on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Take care!

Incognito mode stops my web search?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.