You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Apple Watch Scribble

I keep getting a message to enter my Apple ID on my watch. The Scribble pad comes up and I try to enter my passcode but watch interprets wrong. A cap S becomes a 5, lower f is two letters, etc. Crown doesn't seem to work. I can't find a list of drawings for numbers and letters to use. Any ideas? When this request used to come up the watch took me to my iphone to complete. That no longer occurs. Can I get that back? Any help is appreciated.

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 8:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 11:43 AM

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities, OpioOhana,

We have a few troubleshooting steps we can offer if your Apple Watch is requesting you to sign in, but not allowing you to do so from the phone. The troubleshooting below should help us get this resolved, or at least on a path to a resolution. Try them in order, testing between each:

1. Restart both your Apple Watch: Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support and its companion iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support
  2. Make sure your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Once it is, make sure your watch has the latest watchOS version: Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support
  3. Unpair your watch from your iPhone: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support, then set it up again: Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support. Your iPhone will automatically create a backup of your watch when unpairing, and you can restore the backup when you set the watch up again.

Best!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 31, 2022 11:43 AM in response to OpioOhana

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities, OpioOhana,

We have a few troubleshooting steps we can offer if your Apple Watch is requesting you to sign in, but not allowing you to do so from the phone. The troubleshooting below should help us get this resolved, or at least on a path to a resolution. Try them in order, testing between each:

1. Restart both your Apple Watch: Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support and its companion iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support
  2. Make sure your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Once it is, make sure your watch has the latest watchOS version: Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support
  3. Unpair your watch from your iPhone: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support, then set it up again: Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support. Your iPhone will automatically create a backup of your watch when unpairing, and you can restore the backup when you set the watch up again.

Best!

Using Apple Watch Scribble

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.