Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie problem...

Hi, I want to apply music to my movie but iMovie won't show my Apple Music library. All I get is "The contents of your music library will appear here" but nothing appears... I'm using v10.3.4. iMovie and 1.2.5.7. Music on a new Macbook Pro. Any help much appreciated, I have very little hair left to pull out! Thank you.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 7:31 PM

The reason that your Apple Music does not appear is that Apple Music songs cannot be used in iMovie because they are DRM protected. Downloading them to iTunes will not remove the protection. You can still purchase and use non-DRM protected that you purchase, or have purchased, directly from iTunes.

Also, Apple Music is a subscription service that entitles you to listen to the song as long as you keep paying for the subscription. In other words, you are not purchasing the song, but only renting it so to speak. It is not intended that the songs be downloaded used in any other app. Otherwise one could buy the subscription, download numerous songs, and then cancel the subscription, and use the songs without paying the subscription fee.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2022 7:31 PM in response to Pcorny

The reason that your Apple Music does not appear is that Apple Music songs cannot be used in iMovie because they are DRM protected. Downloading them to iTunes will not remove the protection. You can still purchase and use non-DRM protected that you purchase, or have purchased, directly from iTunes.

Also, Apple Music is a subscription service that entitles you to listen to the song as long as you keep paying for the subscription. In other words, you are not purchasing the song, but only renting it so to speak. It is not intended that the songs be downloaded used in any other app. Otherwise one could buy the subscription, download numerous songs, and then cancel the subscription, and use the songs without paying the subscription fee.

-- Rich

iMovie problem...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.