You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay found output

Sometimes CarPlay plays through my phone-not the car speakers. Other times it's fine. How do I switch the output to my car when playing through car play.

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 3:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 6:36 AM

The iPhone pairs and syncs with the car. The phone shows on the car's display. I can use other apps like Waze.. but the audio output sometimes goes to the iPhone, rather than the cars speakers. Other times it works just fin.

3 replies

Aug 30, 2022 10:17 PM in response to bizwiz55

bizwiz55 Said:

"CarPlay found output: Sometimes CarPlay plays through my phone-not the car speakers. Other times it's fine. How do I switch the output to my car when playing through car play."

-------

Troubleshooting CarPlay:

A. Usual Manual:

Read your driver's manual to find out more about syncing this.

B. Try being in Park:

For many, they must have their automobile in park to get this to all pair.

C. Visit this Link:

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

Aug 31, 2022 6:28 PM in response to bizwiz55

bizwiz55 Said:

"CarPlay found output: The iPhone pairs and syncs with the car. The phone shows on the car's display. I can use other apps like Waze.. but the audio output sometimes goes to the iPhone, rather than the cars speakers. Other times it works just fin."

-------

When does this Occur?

If this is intermittent, then I am uncertain as to why it is occurring. But, is this occurring when something else occurs (i.e. revving up your motor).

CarPlay found output

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.