Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VoiceOver on iPhone is turned off but it's still speaking when I text & do searches

Help, I'm desperate!! VoiceOver (and Audio descriptions) are turned off on my iPhone but every time I text, a male voice with an Indian accent reads aloud each letter that I'm typing. Oddly enough, it's wrong most of the time and voices the letter 'C' at the beginning of every text and new sentence. I've tried every

suggestion that's on the internet (for real), rebooted my phone, and nothing's

worked. I can't take this VoiceOver nonsense, it's driving me nuts! The worst part is not being able to mute it...

iPhone 11

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 6:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 12:25 AM

Even if VoiceOver is turned off, you can have iPhone speak selected text or the entire screen. iPhone can also provide feedback and speak text corrections and suggestions as you type.

Hear iPhone speak the screen, selected text, and typing feedback

• Go to Settings > Accessibility > Spoken Content.
  • Adjust any of the following: Speak Selection: To hear text you selected, tap the Speak button. Speak Screen: To hear the entire screen, swipe down with two fingers from the top of the screen.

Hear iPhone speak the screen, selected text, and typing ...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2022 12:25 AM in response to NurseDray

Even if VoiceOver is turned off, you can have iPhone speak selected text or the entire screen. iPhone can also provide feedback and speak text corrections and suggestions as you type.

Hear iPhone speak the screen, selected text, and typing feedback

• Go to Settings > Accessibility > Spoken Content.
  • Adjust any of the following: Speak Selection: To hear text you selected, tap the Speak button. Speak Screen: To hear the entire screen, swipe down with two fingers from the top of the screen.

Hear iPhone speak the screen, selected text, and typing ...

VoiceOver on iPhone is turned off but it's still speaking when I text & do searches

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.