Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot set to recovery mode

inwant to send back my Mac and cannot erase completely

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 10:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 10:55 PM

soledad Said:

"Cannot set to recovery mode: inwant to send back my Mac and cannot erase completely"

-------

Using this Site?: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your Mac - Apple Support

As for the Hard Drive:...

1. Mount the Disk:

In Recovery Mode, do you see the "Mount" button available to click? If it reads "Mount", then click it to mount it. From there, click erase.

Once Mounted...

2. Use the "First Aid" Button:

While in Recovery Mode Also, select the hard drive, and then click First Aid button. From there, run First Aid on the drive.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2022 10:55 PM in response to soledad

soledad Said:

"Cannot set to recovery mode: inwant to send back my Mac and cannot erase completely"

-------

Using this Site?: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your Mac - Apple Support

As for the Hard Drive:...

1. Mount the Disk:

In Recovery Mode, do you see the "Mount" button available to click? If it reads "Mount", then click it to mount it. From there, click erase.

Once Mounted...

2. Use the "First Aid" Button:

While in Recovery Mode Also, select the hard drive, and then click First Aid button. From there, run First Aid on the drive.

Cannot set to recovery mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.