Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can't i use the security updates for my 2010 iMac, running High Sierra I tried the ones for it they say they won't work. I need security update for the latest threat that just came out

I want to get the latest security updates for this computer, I dounloaded SecUpd2020-001HighSierradmg and it won't go in

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 10:36 AM

High Sierra might not even be vulnerable we do not know, but Safari is the weakness, & you can get a better browser for 10.13.6

Mostly you just need a more modern Browser than Safari on Mojave, or High Sierra like Firefox or Brave.

This was the last Security Update for High Serra...

Security Update 2020-006 (High Sierra) (apple.com)

In System Report>Software>Installations, see which Security Updates have been installed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2022 10:36 AM in response to ericfromblackwood

High Sierra might not even be vulnerable we do not know, but Safari is the weakness, & you can get a better browser for 10.13.6

Mostly you just need a more modern Browser than Safari on Mojave, or High Sierra like Firefox or Brave.

This was the last Security Update for High Serra...

Security Update 2020-006 (High Sierra) (apple.com)

In System Report>Software>Installations, see which Security Updates have been installed.

why can't i use the security updates for my 2010 iMac, running High Sierra I tried the ones for it they say they won't work. I need security update for the latest threat that just came out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.