Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems after cleaning screen

Hi,

I cleaned my Mac recently and after 5-10 minutes cleaning the screen is brighter than usual and its straining my eyes. It also super reflective as well. Note that I cleaned it 2 times yesterday to remove some remaing smudges/stains. I read that you can remove the anti-glare coating. Did I do it by accident?

Note 2: To avoid confusion, the smudges are fingerprints

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 10:27 AM

The lighting in that room seems ill-conducive to using any display.

Here is how Apple recommends cleaning a Mac display: Clean your Mac computer’s screen or display - Apple Support

10 replies

Aug 31, 2022 2:33 PM in response to BullCarriage

Residue of what? If from cleaning something else that was dirty, that residue might act as an abrasive. That's why the instructions always advise a clean soft cloth.

I can't imagine cleaning a non touch Mac screen for even 5 minutes. When I clean it's a couple of quick swipes with a clean, usually dry, microfiber cloth. The little smudges that are left are simply not worth the extra effort to me.

Problems after cleaning screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.