Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random Folders Generating on my Desktop (2021 Mac Book Pro 16 M1 Max and 2017 iMac Pro)

Same as the previous submissions. Random file folders with alpha numbers and the subfolders about 3gb. Then it writes to a new folder. Occurs on both MBP and iMac Pro.

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 4:30 AM

Ok, here are the screenshots of the 2017 iMacPro and the last one is from my 2021 MBP 16 M1 Max... Both current running 12.5.1. My guess is the iCloud has big issues. I left both computer run overnight. Both were hooked up with an external HD with Time Machine running encrypted backups. Both had similar folders this morning. Each computer still operated normally. I deleted all the folders on both after the screenshots.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2022 4:30 AM in response to tee2greenbob

Ok, here are the screenshots of the 2017 iMacPro and the last one is from my 2021 MBP 16 M1 Max... Both current running 12.5.1. My guess is the iCloud has big issues. I left both computer run overnight. Both were hooked up with an external HD with Time Machine running encrypted backups. Both had similar folders this morning. Each computer still operated normally. I deleted all the folders on both after the screenshots.

Random Folders Generating on my Desktop (2021 Mac Book Pro 16 M1 Max and 2017 iMac Pro)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.