Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail keeps running

Why does my mail keep running constantly even after it loads mail? When I go into mail it loads but keeps running/searching……why won’t it stop?

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 6:08 PM

8 replies

Aug 31, 2022 8:57 PM in response to David316L

David316L Said:

"Mail keeps running: Why does my mail keep running constantly even after it loads mail? When I go into mail it loads but keeps running/searching……why won’t it stop?"

-------

Are you saying that it is frozen?

Troubleshooting a Frozen iPhone:

Start with a Force Restart:

Go Here: Force Restart iPhone - Apple Support

Try the Tips at these Apple Support Links:

Aug 31, 2022 9:02 PM in response to David316L

David316L Said:

"Mail keeps running: Why does my mail keep running constantly even after it loads mail? When I go into mail it loads but keeps running/searching……why won’t it stop?"

-------

Are you saying that it takes a long time to load?

Restore from a Backup:

I started getting this error, myself, after instantiating the most recent update. So, so I restored my iPhone from a backup of my iPhone that I created prior to the update install. So, restore it from a backup. If you have not back up of your iPhone, then take this as a learning experience knwoing to always backup your device prior to making any major change to it (i.e. update installation), that way' you'll have something to restore your device from, should anything go wrong afterwards (such as this).

Aug 31, 2022 9:28 PM in response to David316L

David316L Said:

"Mail keeps running: It doesn’t stop, emails load says it’s updated then starts turning/running again , never stops. It used to stop a few weeks ago but not lately."

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

About this Circle:

Something is trying to access info --something on your Home Screen --particularly Mail, in this case. So, close it along with all other apps.

Close All Apps:

Swipe you finger down from the top-right corner of the screen towards the bottom-center. Then swipe up on all windows that show to close them. Next, try Mail once more.

Mail keeps running

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.