Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recent update messed up my iphonex

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 6:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 9:31 PM

It's probably time to replace your battery, it's most likely at the end of its life.

Batteries degrade over time with usage, that's just how they work.

You can expect about a 1% drop per month with average use on an iPhone.

Apple recommends replacing it when it reaches 80%. To check your battery health, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health.

iPhone Battery Replacement.

iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2022 9:31 PM in response to zann208

It's probably time to replace your battery, it's most likely at the end of its life.

Batteries degrade over time with usage, that's just how they work.

You can expect about a 1% drop per month with average use on an iPhone.

Apple recommends replacing it when it reaches 80%. To check your battery health, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health.

iPhone Battery Replacement.

iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

Aug 31, 2022 10:02 PM in response to zann208

zann208 Said:

"Recent update messed up my iphonex"

-------

Troubleshooting Update Issues:

A. Restore from your Backup:

Granted it is an issue with the update, you should have no troubles if you restore this from a a backup. So, do you have a backup of your iPhone prior to this update? If you are not concerned with losing data, then restore your iPhone from a backup that was made. Prior to restoring, backup your iPhone, in case anything goes wrong with the restoration. If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always backup your device, prior to making any major change to it (i.e. an update), that way you'll have something to restore your device from, should anything go working after the update.

and...

B. Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.