Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding an addtional mobile number to imessages

Hi all,

Losing the will to live here!

Scenario: I have installed a new sim in my iPad and would like to add this mobile number in order to receive sms in imessages on that iPad. I have read several forums where people have claimed that you can have more than one mobile number in iMessages on multiple devices.

Spent hours will Apple support and getting nowhere. The help pages are worse than useless!

When I try to add the number from the settings/apple ID/phone, the iPad settings auto fills the new number, but then wants to send a code to that number. This I cannot retrieve as I am in process of setting it up.

I realise that I could put the SIM into my phone to retrieve the code that way, but surely there is a better way to do this?

I could create a new ID, then I would have the issue of being able to use my purchased and whole host of other issues. So, not really a good option.

Is there a way to simply add the new number to my current apple ID? Then, when I turn iMessages back on I should be able to select the new number from the iMessages on the iPad

I am sure I am not the only person who has had this issue.

Any ideas/help/suggestions would warmly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Perry

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 1:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 10:57 AM

See if anything here helps. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the article.

Messages or FaceTime - Add or remove your phone number.    *

You can add the number on your Apple ID. Look in the Security section when signed in online. You may have to add the new number before you can remove the old number. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync. Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Apple ID - Manage

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2022 10:57 AM in response to PASEL

See if anything here helps. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the article.

Messages or FaceTime - Add or remove your phone number.    *

You can add the number on your Apple ID. Look in the Security section when signed in online. You may have to add the new number before you can remove the old number. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync. Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Apple ID - Manage

Adding an addtional mobile number to imessages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.