Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost half of my contacts , how do I restore them ?

I lost half of my contacts . How do I restore them

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 5:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 8:54 PM

See the articles If you can't back up to iCloud - Apple Support

About missing information after you restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iCloud Backup - Apple Support

When Calendar and Contact information restores from iCloud Backup, your settings and old data restore first. Then, iCloud pushes your updated Calendar and Contact data to your device, overwriting the old data. This update happens automatically and usually occurs before you notice the old data.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2022 8:54 PM in response to bachr

See the articles If you can't back up to iCloud - Apple Support

About missing information after you restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iCloud Backup - Apple Support

When Calendar and Contact information restores from iCloud Backup, your settings and old data restore first. Then, iCloud pushes your updated Calendar and Contact data to your device, overwriting the old data. This update happens automatically and usually occurs before you notice the old data.

I lost half of my contacts , how do I restore them ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.