Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID and privacy

Hi. If someone shares my Apple ID, what can they see of mine and what can I see of there’s?

In the past, when they download apps they’d appear on my phone. Now they don’t anymore (I can see them if I look, in purchases). What changed?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 7:42 AM

You should not share an Apple ID.

If you do, whoever you share it with will have access to your messages, call logs, App Store account, iCloud storage, photos, and everything synced with iCloud. Just don't do this.

If you want to share purchases with other members of your family, set up Family Sharing.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2022 7:42 AM in response to Realmaplesyrup

You should not share an Apple ID.

If you do, whoever you share it with will have access to your messages, call logs, App Store account, iCloud storage, photos, and everything synced with iCloud. Just don't do this.

If you want to share purchases with other members of your family, set up Family Sharing.

Sep 1, 2022 11:44 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for the reply and all the links, but I know about family sharing and how it works. I have that. The family members use their own apple ID’s.

my question is for the one person who doesn’t use another Apple ID, they use mine.

I want to know who automatically sees what, and what can I see if hers and what can she see of mine if we tried?

and why do her apps no longer go to my screen as though I downloaded them? Now I only see them if I look intentionally in the purchased section of settings.

Sep 1, 2022 12:18 PM in response to Realmaplesyrup

Realmaplesyrup wrote:

my question is for the one person who doesn’t use another Apple ID, they use mine.

Again, bad idea. Apple IDs are free.

I want to know who automatically sees what, and what can I see if hers and what can she see of mine if we tried?

Someone who is sharing your Apple ID can see anything that's synced through iCloud. As I noted above, that includes messages, call logs, contacts, photos.

And why do her apps no longer go to my screen as though I downloaded them? Now I only see them if I look intentionally in the purchased section of settings.

Probably because you have automatic downloads turned off. Settings>App Store>Automatic Downloads>Apps.

Apple ID and privacy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.