Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I phone 6s. Cant get screen to go horizontal. Swiping down opens nothing

I phone 6s. Cant get screen to go horizontal. Swiping down opens nothing. Pls help

iPhone 6s

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 1:38 PM

On an iPhone 6s (with a home button) as explained in the support document you posted from you must swipe up from the bottom of screen to access Control Center, not from the top, and from there, verify the Portrait orientation lock is not turned on.

Do note, not all apps may rotate to landscape on an iPhone 6s(not plus). Things like Safari, Mail, will rotate. Things like Messages, and the Settings app will not rotate

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2022 1:38 PM in response to QuandMeme

On an iPhone 6s (with a home button) as explained in the support document you posted from you must swipe up from the bottom of screen to access Control Center, not from the top, and from there, verify the Portrait orientation lock is not turned on.

Do note, not all apps may rotate to landscape on an iPhone 6s(not plus). Things like Safari, Mail, will rotate. Things like Messages, and the Settings app will not rotate

I phone 6s. Cant get screen to go horizontal. Swiping down opens nothing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.