Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone screen won’t flip Horizontally.

Even with Portrait Orientation lock OFF, my screen still won’t flip horizontally- in ANY app.

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 4:29 PM

If your phone's screen is not flipping horizontally, even with the Portrait Orientation Lock turned off, there could be a few different reasons for this. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check your phone's settings: Make sure that the Portrait Orientation Lock is turned off in your phone's settings. To do this, go to the Settings app, tap "Display & Brightness," and then make sure the "Portrait Orientation Lock" switch is turned off.
  2. Restart your phone: Sometimes, simply restarting your phone can resolve issues like this. To restart your phone, press and hold the power button until you see the "slide to power off" slider. Then, slide the power off slider to the right to turn off your phone. Once your phone is off, press and hold the power button again to turn it back on.
  3. Check for a software update: Make sure that your phone is running the latest version of iOS. You can check for updates by going to the Settings app, tapping "General," and then tapping "Software Update."
  4. Reset your phone's settings: If the above steps don't help, you can try resetting your phone's settings. This will reset all of your phone's settings to their defaults, but it won't delete any of your data. To reset your phone's settings, go to the Settings app, tap "General," tap "Reset," and then tap "Reset All Settings."

I hope one of these steps helps resolve the issue you're experiencing. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2022 4:29 PM in response to Superb_

If your phone's screen is not flipping horizontally, even with the Portrait Orientation Lock turned off, there could be a few different reasons for this. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check your phone's settings: Make sure that the Portrait Orientation Lock is turned off in your phone's settings. To do this, go to the Settings app, tap "Display & Brightness," and then make sure the "Portrait Orientation Lock" switch is turned off.
  2. Restart your phone: Sometimes, simply restarting your phone can resolve issues like this. To restart your phone, press and hold the power button until you see the "slide to power off" slider. Then, slide the power off slider to the right to turn off your phone. Once your phone is off, press and hold the power button again to turn it back on.
  3. Check for a software update: Make sure that your phone is running the latest version of iOS. You can check for updates by going to the Settings app, tapping "General," and then tapping "Software Update."
  4. Reset your phone's settings: If the above steps don't help, you can try resetting your phone's settings. This will reset all of your phone's settings to their defaults, but it won't delete any of your data. To reset your phone's settings, go to the Settings app, tap "General," tap "Reset," and then tap "Reset All Settings."

I hope one of these steps helps resolve the issue you're experiencing. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

My phone screen won’t flip Horizontally.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.