Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QR code scanning randomly stops working

Starting a year or so ago - not sure with which iOS version - QR code scanning fails >50% of the time. That is to say, I open the camera app and point the phone at a high-quality QR code in good light, and the app doesn't draw a box around the code recognizing that it is there. Invariably, if I force quit the Camera app and restart it, it works fine (100% of the time) in the same conditions. I use this functionality often, so I am getting tired of this time-consuming workaround, especially because it is so reliably repeatable that I am sure it is a bug that could be found and fixed. Indeed, searching the web indicates that this is not an uncommon problem, but the "fix" just consists of my workaround (at best): I find no fixes for the underlying issue.

Anyone with better knowledge or experience on this one?

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 8:55 AM

Please see the pic below, which is self-explanatory.

2 replies

Sep 15, 2022 8:34 PM in response to SravanKrA

I'll try it, but if you are suggesting a different workaround that needs to be implemented every time it fails to work, not just something that needs to be done ONCE to solve it once and for all, quitting and restarting the camera app is much faster than opening settings, finding the camera settings, opening them, toggling the setting, and then going back to the camera app.

QR code scanning randomly stops working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.