Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 computers 2 FCPX versions

hi.

I have and iMac and an older MacBook Pro . the laptop is from 2016 so the OS can't be updated no more, stuck at Sierra. While my iMac is up to date it has a newer version of FCPX. I still wish to use my laptop to edit projects that I already might have started on the iMac.

is there a work around this? my edits are very simple and just to get the rough cuts.

but find myself unable to do. once I start a project on my iMac then I can't continue it on my laptop if I need to be on the move.

Thanks for your help.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 5:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 5:25 AM

What is the exact model of the older mac? From the Apple menu choose About this Mac, and post a screenshot (not including the serial number at the bottom).

If it is a 2016 model it can run the current OS and FCP.

6 replies

Sep 4, 2022 11:56 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Hey Luis, and Ian.

after I posted the question I figure it out. felt dumb, so sorry for wasting time on this, hope is helpful to somebody else as well.

yes, I realized I was able to update to latest OS on this laptop. (haven't use it in a while) and got it all sorted out. sorry sorry.

and thanks you for replying to my question.

have a great day and weekend.

thanks

2 computers 2 FCPX versions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.