Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail App on Mac OS Monterey 12.5.1

Has anyone else had massive wonky problems with their Mail app recently? It's just doing weird things, like refusing to mark mail from just one person as Read, and when I scroll through my emails, it shows the same body message for multiple emails unless I quit Mail and re-open it, then it works again for a minute. I quit Mail and restart it alot!

I'm on a MacBook Air (M1, 2020), running, as it says in the title, Monterey 12.5.1.

MacBook Air

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 7:33 AM

9 replies

Sep 3, 2022 8:31 AM in response to -Bubba-

That sounds drastic... but if it helps, I'll try it.

I'm thinking now it might have something to do with Rules. In order to make sense of my inbox I have various senders set up to display in various colors of text, i.e., the plant society emails are all green. It seems as if the repeating email body copy only happens on emails that are displayed using the same rule. So if I click on one email from the plant people, and read that body copy, then immediately click on a second email from the plant people from a different sender it shows me the same body copy from the previous message. But when I click on yet another email that is governed by a different rule, the message comes through as that sender wrote it. It's all pretty weird.

Mail App on Mac OS Monterey 12.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.