Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID has been hacked

I think that someone has hacked my Apple ID account on my iPhone (XS Max). I changed the Apple ID password from my Mac but I still don't have any access to my iPhone. It is locked and I can't unlock it. Even when I turn on the lock screen its starts pressing stuff on its own (ex passcode, emergency calls, medical ID etc). And when I tried to turn it off, it doesn't let me swipe right to power it off. Also, my Mac works well so far. I really don't know what else to do. If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 9:38 AM

The issue you were experiencing with your phone has nothing to do with your Apple ID. Your phone is experiencing what is called false touch or ghost touch which means there’s an issue with the screen itself.

If there is no physical damage, like a cracked screen I would try a Forced Restart. First take off any case. Then:

Press and very quickly release the volume up button. > Immediately press and very quickly release by the volume down button > Immediately press and hold down the side button and keep holding the side button until the Apple logo appears, release the side button. If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2022 9:38 AM in response to christinapeppaa

The issue you were experiencing with your phone has nothing to do with your Apple ID. Your phone is experiencing what is called false touch or ghost touch which means there’s an issue with the screen itself.

If there is no physical damage, like a cracked screen I would try a Forced Restart. First take off any case. Then:

Press and very quickly release the volume up button. > Immediately press and very quickly release by the volume down button > Immediately press and hold down the side button and keep holding the side button until the Apple logo appears, release the side button. If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Apple ID has been hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.