Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SHOWTIME Subscription through Apple TV+

I subscribe to Showtime and Paramount+ through AppleTV. Normally I watch Showtime shows through the Apple TV app. Today it asked me to download the Showtime app. I didn’t think much of it since Paramount+ also exists on my AppleTV but I browse shows through the AppleTV app. Showtime keeps asking me to sign in. Obviously don’t have a sign in. I try to restore a purchase, it says no purchases found in iTunes purchase history. This just started today. Anyone else experience a problem.

Might just be time to get separate subscriptions. Hulu always have a good deal and everything played through there well.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 9:44 PM

Season 3, episode 5 is supposed to become available this Sunday at 10 pm ET (or shortly after if there are unforeseen delays.). Earlier episodes should be available. If you have the Apple TV app Channel Showtime subscription, and if you have issues with episode availability, then contact the Apple Media Services staff for assistance.

Try accessing through the channel page, instead of Up Next.

Try to set the app/content provider back to “Showtime tv channel” on the show’s Details page, under the How to Watch heading.

To verify the active status of your subscription, See your subscriptions overview - Apple.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2022 9:44 PM in response to Mariho

Season 3, episode 5 is supposed to become available this Sunday at 10 pm ET (or shortly after if there are unforeseen delays.). Earlier episodes should be available. If you have the Apple TV app Channel Showtime subscription, and if you have issues with episode availability, then contact the Apple Media Services staff for assistance.

Try accessing through the channel page, instead of Up Next.

Try to set the app/content provider back to “Showtime tv channel” on the show’s Details page, under the How to Watch heading.

To verify the active status of your subscription, See your subscriptions overview - Apple.

Sep 3, 2022 3:08 PM in response to Mariho

Today it asked me to download the Showtime app.

Either your settings got set differently, or you tried to access a Showtime program that isn’t available in the tv channel Showtime (not yet or not anymore, or numbered differently). That may be a timing issue or an availability issue. We can’t verify any of that if you don’t mention the program and episode.

The tv channel subscriptions are generally not exchangeable with the separate content provider app. So, you were not supposed to be able to sign in nor restore a purchase. The currently one exception to that, is that tv channel Paramount+ allows for validation and use outside the Apple TV app (but not reverse). Which type of subscription you choose, that is up to you.

SHOWTIME Subscription through Apple TV+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.