Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Showtime App Access Issue

I purchased showtime through Apple TV, the subscription purchase is showing in my purchases; but I cannot access showtime through the showtime app loaded on my apple tv app page. When I try to access the app to watch showtime it wants me to set up a new account, start a 1 month free subscription; if I try to use the email address associated with my apple account it says no account exists with this email address? Can someone tell me how to access my showtime subscription through my apple tv showtime app please?

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 5:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 6:36 AM

Please note that the subscriptions for services in a separate app (or on the web) are not exchangeable with subscriptions started in the Apple TV app.

If you started a subscription for an Apple TV app Channel, then you must use the Apple TV app to access that Channel.

It makes no difference that both types of subscriptions can be billed through Apple/iTunes.

Subscribe to Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Apple TV Channels FAQ: Services, pricing, availability, and everything else you need to know - Macworld

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2020 6:36 AM in response to Sandduster2

Please note that the subscriptions for services in a separate app (or on the web) are not exchangeable with subscriptions started in the Apple TV app.

If you started a subscription for an Apple TV app Channel, then you must use the Apple TV app to access that Channel.

It makes no difference that both types of subscriptions can be billed through Apple/iTunes.

Subscribe to Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Apple TV Channels FAQ: Services, pricing, availability, and everything else you need to know - Macworld

Apple TV Showtime App Access Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.