Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple subscription

So I received a promotional free year of AppleTV on them which I signed up for. In my subscriptions in settings, I see that it will automatically renew September 7, 2023 but when I go to the app, it says I need to pay or can only watch the first episode of a series of shows. How do I fix this so that my subscription (which doesn’t expire until 09/07/2023) is accessible via the Apple TV app!?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 2:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 3:35 PM

So I received a promotional free year of AppleTV on them which I signed up for.

Awesome. Is that the T-Mobile offer?

… when I go to the app …

Is that on iPhone, or on a different device?

… it says I need to pay …

The Apple TV+ subscription is account based. Users need to sign in with the matching Apple ID account.

The Apple TV app has more content than Apple TV+. That other content is not included in the Apple TV+ subscription. iTunes Store movies and TV shows (buy or rent) will have to be paid for separately. Other tv channels will have to be subscribed to separately.

… or can only watch the first episode of a series of shows.

That is typically a sign of not being signed in.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2022 3:35 PM in response to CherieBaby1

So I received a promotional free year of AppleTV on them which I signed up for.

Awesome. Is that the T-Mobile offer?

… when I go to the app …

Is that on iPhone, or on a different device?

… it says I need to pay …

The Apple TV+ subscription is account based. Users need to sign in with the matching Apple ID account.

The Apple TV app has more content than Apple TV+. That other content is not included in the Apple TV+ subscription. iTunes Store movies and TV shows (buy or rent) will have to be paid for separately. Other tv channels will have to be subscribed to separately.

… or can only watch the first episode of a series of shows.

That is typically a sign of not being signed in.

Sep 3, 2022 10:41 PM in response to CherieBaby1

… redownloaded the app …

The TV app on iPhone should indeed recognize the subscription. But if you deleted and re-downloaded the TV app, then that may require an additional sign in. See below the Account icon in the top right corner of the Watch Now page.

If this is about a different device, then please specify. Deleting and reinstalling apps may also require additional in-app sign in there.

I may need to call customer care …

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Sep 3, 2022 3:43 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Thanks for the reply. I do understand that having Apple TV with a subscription and subscribing to Apple TV+ are different and that simply having the app without the subscription is in my eyes useless because I would like to watch more than just the first episodes of shows. The subscription is for Apple TV+ which is the 4.99 a month for a year and I assumed that when I redownloaded the app that it would automatically connect with the subscription that is listed on my iPhone/Apple ID subscriptions until September 2023. I am signed in with my Apple ID and I can see that there is a subscription but it still says that I need to purchase a subscription? I may need to call customer care so they can help me figure it out. Thanks again for your reply…it’s appreciated.

Apple subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.