Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SMS forwarding from iphone to Mac stopped working

It used to work, but hasnt for the last 3 months or so.

On the iphone, under settings->messages->test message forwarding, My mac is selected.

Both devices are signed in to the same apple ID.

What I have tried:

1) signing out and in to apple ID on both iphone. and mac.

2) switching off and on SMS message forwarding.

MacOS 12.4 (M1 Pro)

ios 15.5 (iphone 13 pro)

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 12:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 2:18 AM

Maybe related to your issue but ---->

Current version of macOS is 12.5.1 and current version iOS is 15.6.1

Have used the same steps you has described above and all there apple computer function correctly

Has Messages in iCloud been enable on all devices or some how been turned off ?

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 4, 2022 11:57 PM in response to sfromgi

Hey sfromgi!

This may or may not be a solution, but I’ve had luck changing the name of my Mac in System Preferences > Sharing, (You’ll see your Mac’s name on top, and can change it there).

Next, restart both devices, the go into your iPhone Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding. From there turn off the old Mac name and then turn on the new name of your Mac.

You May get a message on your Mac telling you someone is signing into iMessage with your account, if this was what you just did, you should be able to allow it!

In similar issues with Bluetooth and cellular, I’ve had luck also changing the name of the iPhone in Settings > General > About.

And first off, on BOTH devices, you’ll want to make sure you show the same iMessage settings:

For iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Send and Receive.

For Mac > Messages > Preferences > iCloud/iMessage.

Hope something here helps!

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

SMS forwarding from iphone to Mac stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.