Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocking spam SMS from Jabber contacts

Hi, I keep receiving spam SMS from Jabber. I do not have Jabber myself; iMessage consistently identifies them as coming from Jabber when I check the info. They do not have associated phone numbers and therefore I cannot block them through the standard blocking feature.

I do not want to filter non-contacts. I get a lot of important/useful texts from businesses and non-contacts that are time-sensitive, like for deliveries. I only want to stop seeing these spam messages.

Is there any way to specify that any SMS coming from Jabber should be blocked? Or am I out of luck and will just receive these nearly every day forever with nothing I can do?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 3:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 12:03 PM

I get a lot of important/useful texts from businesses and non-contacts that are time-sensitive, like for deliveries. I only want to stop seeing these spam messages.

You need to contact your company - IT department, and ask them if it is possible to block spam SMS from Jabber.

It has to do with your business contacts.

Check. ⤵️

What is Jabber.

What does Jabber mean.

Jabber FAQ.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2022 12:03 PM in response to suzie_suzie

I get a lot of important/useful texts from businesses and non-contacts that are time-sensitive, like for deliveries. I only want to stop seeing these spam messages.

You need to contact your company - IT department, and ask them if it is possible to block spam SMS from Jabber.

It has to do with your business contacts.

Check. ⤵️

What is Jabber.

What does Jabber mean.

Jabber FAQ.

Blocking spam SMS from Jabber contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.