Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix my TrueDepth camera

How to fix TrueDepth camera

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 6:53 AM

If you're seeing the alert discussed in the article you came here from.. then follow those instructions

If your iOS is up to date and Face ID is still not working, then contact Apple or bring your device in for service

3 replies

Sep 4, 2022 8:16 AM in response to rocdayeezy

According to Apple:

Using diagnostics available in iOS 14.6 or later, Apple has detected an issue with your TrueDepth camera that might cause it to not function as expected. The TrueDepth camera contains lasers, which might be disabled for safety reasons if the device malfunctions or is damaged. This won't prevent you from using your iPhone or iPad, but until your iPhone or iPad is updated or serviced, you might not be able to use Face ID, Animoji, Memoji, and some other features that use the front camera.

As a result, I recommend service.

Service Checklist:

Click ▶︎ Start a Service Request. ⚛️

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ Check Repair Status. 🔧

Sep 4, 2022 7:10 AM in response to rocdayeezy

If you receive an alert that FaceID is disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro

It can occur that you will receive the following message on your iPhone or iPad Pro : " A problem was detected with the true depth camera, FaceID is disabled"

When you're getting this error message, Make sure that you're iPhone or iPad Pro is running the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. If your device is running the latest iOS or iPadOS and you're still getting this message and FaceID is not working:  contact Apple Support to get your device serviced.

How to fix my TrueDepth camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.