Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I recover my contacts and email?

How to recover my contacts and email?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 4:55 PM

2 replies

Sep 4, 2022 5:10 PM in response to Msfelicia

The master copies of contacts are not stored on your iPhone, they sync to one or more email accounts. If you delete an email account that is hosting your contacts they will disappear from your phone. Go to Settings/Contacts/Accounts to see which accounts contain the master copy of your contacts.

• If it is iCloud, then see this→iCloud: Restore contacts, calendars, and more in iCloud Settings
  • If it is any other type of email account (e.g, AOL, Yahoo, gmail, hotmail, Outlook) then you need to use whatever tools your email provider offers for recovering contacts
  • You may also just not be viewing the contact “groups” in the Contacts app - open the app and tap Groups in the upper left corner and make sure all groups are checked.

To restore your email (and contacts) go to Settings/Mail/Accounts, tap on Add Account and add the account back. If the account is already on the phone tap on it and delete it. Then restart your phone, and add it back.

How can I recover my contacts and email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.