Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I recover deleted contacts and text nessages

How can I recover deleted contacts and text messages

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 4:23 PM

How to restore Messages:

If you have deleted one or more messages, you can restore them in Recently Deleted.

(You must be updated to iOS 16 to use this method)

1. Open the Messages app and tap Edit in the top right corner, select: Show Recently Deleted

2. Mark the messages you want to recover and tap: Recover.

Note that, after 30-40 days the messages are automatically deleted. Once the messages are

deleted, they can no longer be recovered.

You can find more information here:

Recover deleted text messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2023 4:23 PM in response to Rob7271

How to restore Messages:

If you have deleted one or more messages, you can restore them in Recently Deleted.

(You must be updated to iOS 16 to use this method)

1. Open the Messages app and tap Edit in the top right corner, select: Show Recently Deleted

2. Mark the messages you want to recover and tap: Recover.

Note that, after 30-40 days the messages are automatically deleted. Once the messages are

deleted, they can no longer be recovered.

You can find more information here:

Recover deleted text messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

How can I recover deleted contacts and text nessages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.