Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quick format bar replaced by predictive text.

How do I pull the quick format bar back up in place of predictive text in Notes app on iPhone? Somehow I was editing a note and I had never noticed it before. I usually just hold down and use the mini pop bar. Tonight I noticed I had format options in place of predictive text. I used it for one edit to use title size font, bold, and underline and scrolled down to use it again for the same edit but predictive text is now where the format options were. I’ve searched and cannot find how to pull it back up to where predictive text is. Here is a picture of what I want my notes screen to look like with formatting options right above keyboard instead of predictive text.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 11:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 1:07 AM

Use predictive text

Tap Keyboard Settings, then turn on Predictive. Or go to Settings > General > Keyboard, and turn Predictive on or off. See a full list of languages that support predictive text.

How to use Auto-Correction and predictive text on your iPhone ...

1 reply

Quick format bar replaced by predictive text.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.